Deployment encompasses all the processes involved in getting new or updated software or hardware up and running properly in its environment, including installation, configuration, running, testing, and making necessary changes.
- Mass software upgrades can sometimes be automated using resources already available that may not be in use.
- We can assist with hardware upgrades or device refresh, by utilizing automation we can greatly reduce the time needed.
Examples could be as simple as updating all the computers to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader, or something more complex like replacing 200 notebooks.
Network automation is a methodology in which software automatically configures, provisions, manages and tests network devices. It is used by enterprises and service providers to improve efficiency and reduce human error and operating expenses.
- Improved efficiency. By automating functions on network devices, humans no longer have to perform time-consuming tasks.
- Reduced likelihood of human error. Manual tasks are prone to human error, and when the stability of an enterprise or service provider network is at stake, the consequences of a miscalculation or incorrect entry can be significant. Setting up a task for automation means it only needs to be entered correctly once.
- Lower operational expenses. This benefit comes as a result of the previous two items. By eliminating certain manual tasks around network device provisioning and network management, businesses can operate with greater speed and agility. For example, automated provisioning may save a network engineer from having to travel to a new branch office to establish network connectivity — thus enabling employees at that site to get to work faster.
Examples could be as simple as automatically mapping drives and printers on logon, or a complete operating system deployment system.
As a business owner, you are constantly looking for ways to cut costs and re-prioritize your spending. With all the services you are tasked with managing (merchant services, shipping services, payroll services, etc.) it’s understandable you haven’t mastered the knowledge of each industry. Maybe you’ve heard of SIP trunking, and…
Device configurations need to be backed up often to maintain a repository of backups ready to be restored in case of emergencies. In large enterprises with more number of devices, this task of getting the device configuration backup up becomes a huge mundane task taking up most of the time…
Data is the most important aspect of your computer. An operating system can be reinstalled and so can applications, but it may be difficult or impossible to recreate your original data. It is essential that you always back up your important information and have a plan for recovering from a…