More and more businesses are switching to the cloud to store their data, and rightly so. The cloud offers numerous benefits over the traditional, physical on-site server. For example,
- Anytime, anywhere access to your data: Information in the Cloud can get accessed anywhere using an internet connection. While traditional servers need a physical connection to the servers
- Significant cost savings: You cut hardware costs because the cloud follows a ‘pay-as-you-use approach to data storage.
- SaaS compatibility and support: The Cloud allows the use of Software-as-a-Service since the software can get hosted in the cloud
- Scalability: The Cloud lets you scale up and down as your business needs change
- 24/7 monitoring, support, and greater access reliability: When your data is in the cloud, the Cloud service provider is responsible for keeping it safe. They ensure it is securely accessible at all times. They monitor the cloud’s performance. In the event of any performance issues, they provide immediate tech support to resolve the problem.
Your big Cloud move: What to consider
If you are considering switching to the cloud, you will find it helpful to sign-up with Wahaya IT. Wahaya IT is well-versed with the cloud. We can advise you on the benefits and risks of the cloud and also offer the Cloud solution that’s right for you. In any case, before you migrate to the cloud, make sure you are dealing with a reputed Cloud service provider. The service provider should have strong data security measures in place. You can even explicitly ask them what security mechanisms they have invested into managing data access and security. Yes, moving to the cloud has its benefits, but it also has its challenges, including security risks. Partnering with Wahaya IT will help minimize the risk and highlight the positives of migrating to the cloud.